Mamas magic morning helper.

Every morning, I am woken by one of the offspring after having approximately 4 hours of interrupted sleep, and after muttering a few expletives under my breath, peeling my dry tired eyes open, and providing them both with their morning milk I eventually get round to making my magic morning helper.

This coffee is magic in a cup. I am sharing this secret with you all because its simply too good to keep to myself.

My best friend Emmy Lou introduced me to the health benefits of coconut oil when I was pregnant with Lily. The list is endless (go ahead - google it!)
Eating coconut oil on a regular basis has numerous health benefits. If you do some basic research on the health benefits on coconut oil you will discover just how amazing this food really is. These benefits include healthier skin and hair, lower cholesterol levels, weight loss, increased levels of immunity, proper digestion and metabolism. It has been show to provide relief from kidney problems, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetes, HIV and other viruses, cancer, and bone strength. The reason it is so effective and healthy is because of high levels of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid. The presence of these acids contributes to coconuts antioxidant, antifungal, antibacterial, antimicrobial and general body nourishing properties.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/040903_coconut_oil_healthy_fats_oils.html#ixzz2dzlkuDrP

This means its healthy for you inside and out (it clears up Lily's nappy rash like a charm! Just a thin layer rubbed on the skin goes a long way)

So here it is - magic in a cup.

1 cup of coffee (fair trade of course!)
2 tsp of organic coconut oil
A generous splash of almond milk (I went off cows milk when breastfeeding)

And because I like my morning coffee sweet, and I don't use refined sugar or artifical sweetener, I add a dash of Agave nectar - yum yum.

A superbly palatable smooth creamy morning pick me up that kicks my arse into gear!


Comments

Popular Posts