Product love.

I've just been looking through my make up kit, having a good sort out - it's heaven handling all these gorgeous products! 


I wanted to list a few must haves that I think you should all have in your make up bags;


Nars Orgasm Illuminator; blend a little with your foundation for an all over dewy glow - or apply it over the top of your foundation/bronzer to highlight your cheek and brow bone. It's £21.50 and a little goes a long way.
Mac Studio Sculpt concealer - Apply this with a concealer brush to hide blemishes/spots/dark circles. It's quite a thick consistency and grips on well to the skin. I use this mainly for hiding spots rather than as an around the eye concealer as it is a little too thick and dry for around the eyes. It's marvellous for covering up those break outs though! It's £13.50 and it lasts. For round the eye concealer I use YSL Touche Eclat, it's light reflective (Not to mention it takes years off you!)

Mac Face and Body Foundation - I blogged about this a while back (see the post by clicking here. I use it on bare arms, chest and legs if I am going out it's water based and you build up coverage - so on legs it can cover uneven skin tone and give the smooth dewy complexion you can achieve by wearing sheer natural tights. I rate this over fake tan because of the even and natural coverage. No oompa loompa impressions! It's £23.50 and again, it lasts. 
Clinique Super Balanced powder - literally lasts all day and gives such a natural coverage especially for oily skin and problem oily areas. It's £27.50 and worth every penny. Apply with a brush on it's own for daytime wear, or over the top of your foundation for evening wear. 

Chanel Rouge Coco Hydrating Lip colour - I love a red lippy. And who wouldn't feel like they were sporting a Marilyn Monroe pout whilst wearing Chanel? It's power lipstick at it's best. And it stays put. £21.50

And my bargain product - Rimmel Eyebrow pencil.  I've tried and tested a few eyebrow pencils, (Mac and Laura Mercier and this by far is the best). The Mac one is a little waxy, and the Laura Mercier seemed to rub off too easily. This one stays put and if you are using the right colour it adds great definition to sparse brows (such as my own!) It's £2.99. Bargain.

And there we have a list of products I just cannot do without. 


Comments

Gemma said…
Ooooo lovely post!

Can I ask a question...I have very oily skin, well t-zone mainly and I really want to invest in a good foundation (at the minute I am a naked face kinda girl, but think that the sleepless nights are getting to me and I look like a wreck) so I was wondering what you would recommend, I don't want to look overly made up just normal & glowy!
Jen Loves Joy said…
I have the same issue with my skin - oily t zone although my skin and hair have dried out so much since being pregnant! I can go days without washing my hair now - it's really odd!

I'd recommend using a primer on your skin after moisturising, like Smashbox photo finish. This mattifys your skin and preps it for applying a base. Then I use Studio Fix powder plus foundation in NC25 as I am quite pale naturally and think your foundation should match your skin tone, you can deepen your complexion with bronzers and blushers:

http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/product/spp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT21853&PRODUCT_ID=PROD66056

Apply it with a big brush for a natural daytime coverage, or with the sponge for a heavier coverage. It doesn't normally need touching up for hours!

It also depends massively on what moisturiser you are using. I have had to change my skincare routine since being pregnant because my skin has changed so much. The last few weeks baby lotion (beleive it or not) has been the perfect hydration for my face. Soft as a babys bum too

Sorry to waffle on! xx
Gemma said…
Ha!
Thanks Jen. My skin & hair have gone off on tangents since being preggers, my hair is really greasey WITH dandruff - how thats possible I don't know and my skin went from oil slick back to normal and is now in the breakout stage, I started using a muslin cloth and its really helped! I also now get v attractive breakouts of my neck, back, chest and tops of my arms!

Honestly it seems like everyday being pregnant your body throws you yet another curve ball!

Thanks for the tip, will get my self off to HoF at the weekend for a snoop!
Abi said…
Hi Jen,

How do you apply the body foundation? Do you use a large brush?
Jen Loves Joy said…
Hi Abi, apply the face and body foundation with your fingers/hands. xx
Stefania said…
Hi Jennifer,
Very helpful post!
Can I ask you what fundation you would suggest for dry skeen? I'm using Dream Creamy by Maybelline at the moment but after a few time I use it my skeen gets even drier...Also, I'm looking for a natural effect blusher but I haven't find one that I really like...any idea?
Abi said…
Thanks Jenny. Really Helpful post!

Popular Posts