Reunions and a lot of meat

Yesterday was my friend Jo and Darrens wedding. They met about 6 years ago, at a wedding. They moved in after only seeing each other (physcially face to face seeing each other) about 3 times. Their relationship was conducted over the phone because Darren lived in Northumberland, which is like a squillion miles away from where we live. 


The rest is history.




The colour scheme was Orange, and it was a Village Hall wedding in a little village outside of Hitchin. Make up and photo's below courtesey of myself, and flowers were by Stephanie Rose

Mr O is currently on his stag weekend in Prague so I went on my own, but it was ok because I was reunited with friends I haven't seen for about a decade - and so I spent the whole day flitting between people being a social butterfly. It was a very loving day full of laughter and makes me feel all the more excited about my own wedding... five weeks to go!


The beauty of doing the bridal make up for my friends when they get married, is I get to be involved in the excitement of the day. I even got to help Jo into her dress, and then her Mum helped lace her up. 


I've known Jo since I was 13 years old, we don't see each other as often as we would like to but it doesn't matter. With some friends you just have a connection and nothing and no one can ever break it. I had such an amazing time catching up with everyone, it didn't feel weird or odd that I hadn't seen them for a decade, it just felt like I was with old friends, surrounded with people who really 'get' me, who I can be myself with, who I have respect for. It didn't matter that I was there on my own without Mr O, I just fitted in and felt like I didn't want the night to end! 


I really should see my friends more often.



Comments

Livy said…
Love the orange theme! How gorgeous are those bouquets? x

Popular Posts