How to dress as a Stay At Home Mum.

I recently read my friends really rather comical blog post about how to dress yourself when you have two ridiculously naughty babies hanging off you all the time and it got me thinking, it really is so hard to dress yourself after you have had two babies in the space of a year and a half!

I've been through two pregnancies and 10 and a half months of breast feeding, I've long given away any of my pre William clothes, and I chucked what clothes I did have away in Hong Kong before we moved home, in the fanatical hope that I might actually get to do some kid free clothes shopping and find something to dress my post baby body in. Being fashionable isn't even a consideration these days, and since I have stopped breast feeding I can finally wear NORMAL clothes again HURRAH! No worrying about layering up vest tops or living in maternity jeans because they have that amazing tummy panel that covers up a multitude of sins. But I have no normal clothes. Sob.

Looking at my shocking wardrobe, my clothes now consist of items hastily bought (without trying on because come on, you can't try clothes on when you have a double pram of highly agitated babies in) whilst doing my grocery shopping. Sometimes I leave the house and on my walk to Sainsburys (my daily chore) I realise rather embarrassingly I am dressed head to toe, in Sainsburys Clothing! And as for my make up, don't even get me started on that (generally the cheap shit you buy in Pharmacys). Oh the joys of living on a single income.

It gets me down because finding an outfit is a nightmare, and it invariably gets filthy within five minutes of being worn (babies are grubby buggers) so I walk around lacking confidence in my style and feeling as though I have lost ALL sense of self now I am a mother. Something I need to work on.

Tell me fellow Mummys how do you manage to channel your inner pre baby confidence??

Comments

Popular Posts