Old things and observations.

It's taken me a while to pick up the passion for blogging again. As you have gathered from previous posts I am having a tricky time coping with lack of sleep, you'd think my body would get used to it after 18 months of never having slept through the night but no. My body doth protest and it craves sugary treats and ample amounts of chocolate to survive (much to the horror of my waistline).

I've succumbed to Motherhood and the challenges it presents, and have completely embraced the joy of having two little babies. William makes me laugh on an hourly basis, and watching Lily copy the things her big brother does is priceless.

Today we are having a PJ day, as Lily has chicken pox (caught from her brother who had it two weeks ago) and I am taking the liberty of sitting on my arse and using the laptop. I'm having a little reflection on the last few months and feel happy to be back in the UK. I missed so much about living here! I feel it is right that we are home now, and upon unpacking all the boxes taken out of storage here in the UK I stumbled upon a biscuit tin of old buttons, a biscuit tin of buttons that kept me entertained for hours when I was little, and my sister before that, and my Mum before that. This tin of buttons must be 80 years old now, and has buttons from every decade. How it found itself into my kitchen to unpack i'm not sure, because it was in one of the many boxes we packed Mums life into when we sold her house in 2008, it was kept away from all of our belongings in storage because we kept all her stuff in one corner to deal with at a later date. The removals men must have just picked it up and put it in the van without realising and seeing as it was the very last box I unpacked I am so grateful they did. I missed that tin of buttons, and finding it made me feel like Mum was around, overseeing things, and it was her way of sending a little comfort my way.

For me, life is about my babies and finding some time for my marriage. Thankfully my sister and my Mum in Law are on hand to babysit for a few hours so Mr O and I can reconnect. Having a 9 month old who only really settles well for her mummy is tricky, as she doesn't like being left with anyone else BUT we are working on that. It will take time but eventually my husband and I will be able to have some sort of a social life again, and we will be able to enjoy our marriage as Matt and Jen rather than Mummy and Daddy. Life with little ones who don't sleep is a challenge, but we are managing and it's so much easier to be near family who can help out. Thank god for family!




Mums veeeery old weighing scales taking pride of place in my kitchen

Comments

Popular Posts