Singapore, or London?

Oh the old 'where shall we live' dilemma strikes again. 

Mr O has been asked to move to Singapore with his company. This has been hanging over our heads like a black cloud for a few months now and it's unsettling because it means starting again somewhere unfamiliar with a new baby and a toddler. Not that I mind relocating again, Hong Kong isn't home, we have very few possessions and belongings here, and it would mean Mr O has the safety of a job. And with the responsibility of two mortgages in the UK and two babies to feed and clothe we need to be smart about our decision. 

One minute we decide to come home, and find a job in London, because frankly I miss home and want my 2.4 children and house in the country, but that is unrealistic I suppose because we would have to live in one of our flats for a while before being able to buy our cottage, and even have to stay with family for a few months until Mr O finds a job and we can afford to move back into one of our flats.  The next minute we are moving to Singapore and it's driving me a little mental because I am trying to focus on preparing for the new baby and getting everything in order. 

Hopefully we will made a decision soon as I am tired of feeling like the littlest hobo. Being a Mummy has made me want my forever house, where I can hang a picture on the wall and know it will still be there in a few years time. 

Exciting times as always, never a dull moment!

Comments

Melinda said…
I hope that you'll be able to decide soon. I know how hard it is to deal in that kind of situation.
Emma said…
I know that feeling too. Singapore is fabulous and is great for little ones. Far cleaner and more organised than HK. Did you email my friend? Another friend has just moved there and is loving it. She's got two little girls, so holler if you want me to introduce you to her too. I think Singapore would be great for a few years xo

Popular Posts