Poem.

My brother read this poem to me, on behalf of Mum, on my wedding day. It was the most beautiful surprise, seeing as how I love poetry, and the most fitting words for a daughter like me, on the happiest day of her life.

I read it and it brings me so much comfort, it was a wonderful gift for my big brother to give.


You are the mirror of my past,
The future of my dreams,
The hope for what in life may last,
The jewel that time redeems.
You are yourself, of course, no less,
But also you are mine,
The light of all my treasured days,
The gift for which I pine.

Long may we this closeness share,
This place where memories play,
And if our friendship needs repair,
May love reveal the way.

And now that you're to be a wife
With loves and passions new,
May you find in your sweet life
The joy I have in you.

Comments

Popular Posts