Bedtime Stories.

I love to read to William at bed time, it's that time of day where he is sleepy, freshly bathed, snuggly and warm, and will sit on my lap and nestle into my bosom for a story.


One of my many favourites is The Great Dog Bottom Swap by Peter Bently.






It's a genius lyrical way to explain why dogs sniff each others bottoms, of course William has no concept of what the story is about but he seems to like the rhyme of each page, and I never tire of reading it. Have you read it?  


Mine is The Giant Jam Sandwich by John Vernon. 

It's about a swarm of bees invading a village, and the villagers making a, yep, a giant jam sandwich to catch all the bees! There's something about the idea of a sandwich so big that captivated me when I was small. And it's one of the only books I kept in my 'crap to keep from my childhood' box.

I am always keen to add to Williams book collection so do tell, which is your favourite childhood book?


Comments

Anonymous said…
My gramps used to read me the Roald Dahl books, I loved the way he put on the characters voices, but my favourite was The Big Friendly Giant, because I kid you not that is EXACTLY what my gramps looked like! x
Lee-Anne said…
My favourite was 'The Tiger Who Came TO Tea' by Judith Kerr. Im reading my 4 week old baby The Beatles Yellow Submarine. She has no clue what im saying but seems to enjoy it anyway.

Popular Posts