Koh Phangan.

So I think this might be my fifth trip back to Thailand, my fifth trip!?! Wow. I never imagined finding a place on this earth apart from home that I would want to take a pilgrimage to every year without fail. 






Living in Hong Kong we are three hours by plane away from our favourite place on earth. How cool is that? 






We have spent the last six months making a nice home from scratch, adjusting to HK living, and trying to save our pennies. It's been a little like that run up to the wedding, where you scrimp and save and forgo any luxuries like hair cuts, or hair colours, or expensive meals out, and a social life has been near on impossible what with us not having anyone who can babysit. So that's been a bit of a help because we can't go out even if we wanted to! Only the run up to the wedding was different to this, because we are just saving our pennies without any reward, well I say that, the reward will be having some savings to help us buy our cottage in the country - so scrap what I just said, that is the hugest reward of all!


So on Mothers Day my sweet Mr O announced he was taking us back to Koh Phangan where we honeymooned, my jaw hit the floor never in the history of Matt and Jen has he ever booked a holiday, let alone sorted it all out himself (that's usually my job!) I think Mr O is in need of a break, he has been working so hard. 


We've both seen a few places in the world, his travels are much more extensive than my own, but I feel like I have passed on my love of Koh Phangan and it now holds a very dear and special place in his heart too. That's the thing with Thailand, she really gets under your skin and she lures you back time and time again. 


I am having so much fun organising our trip, our first family beach holiday and I know William is going to adore it! 


I can already see us all walking up the desserted beach holding hands and splashing in the ocean. 


Cor I feel relaxed already!



Comments

Popular Posts