In my mind.

In my mind I spend an increasing amount of time thinking about Mum and remembering.

I think of what our wedding would have been like has she been alive, of the preparations and titivating before hand. Of doing her make up and surprising myself by remembering every contour of her face. Her rosy cheeks and high cheek bones, her green eyes and how beautiful they would have looked once I had applied a gorgeous chocolate eyeshadow. Her lips and how she loved to wear her lipstick at all times, because it made her feel empowered. The powdery mumsy smell of her face when I kiss it for the millionth time.

The Chanel NO.5 she would have spritzed on and the outfit she would have worn, I bet she would have gone for a beautifully tailored trouser suit, just to be that little bit different.

In my mind I imagine her playing with William, and marvelling at the joy he exudes.

One day I will see her again.

Comments

Katers said…
Dont really know what to say... just couldnt read and run without saying anything.

Big hugs xx
Goodness that must be hard. Just think you can tell your little boy all about her and show him photos - She can still be his special Granny :-)
Anonymous said…
Jenny - Can I just say that your Mum sounds wicked. And you have the most fabulous way of describing her to all of us. It really makes me want to meet her or even just know more about her.

Also, I love you. Just so you know.

Popular Posts