Missing home.

Life as an expat is strange, you really have to put yourself out there and speak to people, and give your number to people you meet on the bus. Everyone I meet is so kind, and generous, the people here are lovely, and I have made some very nice friends.

My husband works very hard in his job, and is rarely home before ten pm. I miss him and lately I have been feeling so exhausted that leaving the house is a rarity so I feel guilty for William that it is just me and him, all the time. Of course William is happy with his twice a week playgroup with his friends and actually enjoys hanging out with me at home all day! He is very good at entertaining himself and loves chilling in his nursery having me read to him.

The weather here is drab. Glib. A bit grey and dreary. I am starting to get annoyed with having to rely on public transport and miss driving a car. I miss cathedral city cheddar, and tiger bread from sainsburies. I miss my friends and family and that feeling of just being able to easily pop out to see someone. I feel lonely at times and feel I need to take up a hobby to channel my energy into, perhaps I should buy some watercolors and get painting again.

I suppose it just takes time to adjust.

Comments

Anonymous said…
**Mahoosive giant hug**

I can't imagine being as brave as you have been, moving to a completely new country n'all. It would scare my knickers off!

If it makes you feel better, the skies are grey and miserable here in the UK too. Oh...and since you've been gone Sainsbury's have renamed their Tiger Bread to Giraffe Bread!! I kid you not: www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-16812545

I read your blog all the time, and honestly think you're an inspiration, so hold that chin up and keep smilin. :)

Gem xx
Hannah said…
oh :-(

I hope its just a bad phase and that stuff gets better soon. I know the agony of boredom at home too well too.

since you mentioned tiger bread you might enjoy this if you haven't seen it. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2094564/Giraffe-bread-Lily-Robinson-3-gets-Sainsburys-change-tiger-variety-viral-letter.html

x

Popular Posts