The Kindness of Others.

When I found out I was expecting Baby O (as he was known at the time), I joined a birth board online, where I went through the ups and downs of pregnancy with other Mummies who were due the same time as me. Friendships were made, bump buddies swapped numbers and we generally kept each other going when we were suffering pregnancy insomnia/morning sickness/general pregnancy woes, you know, like Piles, and whatnot. (Just like to establish I wasn't cursed with piles, thank fook).

I'll make this short, but today I received 'Secret Santa' gifts for Christmas from three girls I have become close with through the board. Two of which live in Germany/The Netherlands, so we have that whole Expat thing in common as well. 

The gifts I received were thoughtful, and the sort of gift a best friend would get me, you know, because your best friend knows you so well? Well it made me feel warm and fuzzy, because I have never actually met these girls in person. We just know each other online. 

As is how I met Mr O.

As is how I met Charlotte and Rebecca when Rock My Wedding kicked off (and subsequently changed my life).

There's a lot to be said for the internet. 

It connects people.

I love how the random act of sending me real proper chocolate has the same effect as winning millions on the lottery. 

It's just nice to know that someone out there is thinking of me, and doing something nice. 

I have returned the favour of course, and hope to bring about the same fuzzy feelings.

Sometimes these random acts just make you feel really good about life!



Comments

Popular Posts