Life as an expat.

I've made a friend. She has a name, but I like to refer to as my brand new 'BFF' (best friend forever for those who aren't down with the lingo)


We met at a baby group and she kindly took me under her wing, which is appreciated, because it's nice to have someone to spend some time with after 6 weeks of being alone. The best thing about this is her baby is 2 weeks younger than William, and they rather like each other. 


It's so easy to make friends when you have a baby.






There's an element of 'my house is bigger than yours' here in HK, but I try to avoid getting into conversations with anyone about that sort of thing. Mostly though, the people are genuine and kind, and I feel happy here. 


I'm getting used to the golf buggies chugging around the island, and relying on the buses to get around, public transport here is not like in the UK. It's reliable here. It's on time. It's clean too. The golf buggy thing is weird though, they don't allow private cars on Lantau Island, so if you are sick of getting the bus, you can buy a Golf Buggy for approx $2 MILLION HKD. Which is £164,123.00.


I shit you not.






We're going to another of my friends house for dinner this friday, Matt is going to have some male company to drink beer with, and talk about manly things, which will be good for him. We're taking the pop up travel cot for Willy to sleep in, because obviously we don't have anyone who can babysit. Good job our Willy is a flexible easily adaptable baby, he's so laid back that child.


So that's a total of two friends, and we've only lived in Discovery Bay for 3 weeks. Not too shabby eh?




Comments

Popular Posts