Disruption.

We live in a Maisonette, it's a lovely maisonette, we had plans of doing it up (this isn't just 'decorating' this is proper doing it up, knocking walls around etc) and living happily ever after with our little Willie.

Then Matt got offered the job in HK and since William was 6 weeks old it's been utter disruption. Doing up the place is a big job.

I mean, we are sleeping in the dining room with the Cot at the end of the bed because the bedrooms are being done. And by bedrooms being done, I mean we are doing the bedrooms. Actually, Matt is doing all the work himself (with a little plumbing/carpentry/decorative help from his family - god bless his family!) I pick up a paintbrush and help do the night shift, but I am clumsy, and nervous that I am being watched.... so generally I don't do that great a job (paint in hair, in ears, bumped head, stubbed toe.. you get the jist)

The whole place has been stripped back completely, ripped out, and started again from scratch. This is a good thing, because the lady that lived here before us died here, and I feel as though we are getting rid of all the bad death like vibes, and creating a fresh blank canvas!

I am finding the disruption hard with a baby. If we weren't up against the clock, then we could do one room at a time. But we are running out of time, so every single room is chaos.

Get me on that plane to HK, so we can relax and be a family, and spend time together. Can't wait x


Mayhem.

Note how William and Molly aren't in the slightest bit bothered though. Happily snoozing their heads off. 

Comments

Popular Posts