Babywearing.

I initially started 'wearing' William when he was 2 weeks old, just so I could get things done, like grocery shopping. It also helped with his reflux and colic. 






Then I quickly realised how much he loved being upright and held close to me, he would often drop off to sleep the moment he was put in it, and when he woke he wouldn't cry or thrash around, he'd just be awake, and alert. And not crying (which is heaven).


Sometimes, it really is the only way I get things done


So I googled the benefits of wearing your baby and it seems there is an abundance of research out there listing all the pros and cons. (Cons mainly being backache!)

He just about fits in the Baby Bjorn (pictured above). It's a great carrier, perfect for when they are little, it does make my lower back ache though. So we've just invested in an Ergobaby, seeing as he's 4 months old now, as recommended by my bestest friend Em. This is the one we've got, it's so handy. Comes with a zip pocket on the front, and a hood, which is genius because when they fall asleep you can just hide them away underneath, and leave them to dream uninterupted by the giant mole lady in the supermarket.






I've yet to get to grips with wearing him on my back, or on my hip, that's for the more practised babywearing Mama!


And you soon get used to having baby puking down your bra, or having his face get stuck to your ever so hot chest. It's all worth it for a nice happy peaceful baby!



Comments

Gemma said…
I agree! I originally wanted one of those fabric thingies, but quickly realised I didn't stand a chance of being able to tie it, so got the babybjorn and Edie loves it, and bring oh do nosy I have just started wearing her facing the world, which she loves even more! Off to research the ergo now!
P.s. Loving that inappropriate mole lady is back, can just imagine her opinion!! Ha

Popular Posts