Dear William.

I've always been quite a loving person.


My Mum and I always cuddled and said 'I Love You' a lot, right up to the end of her life, more so at the end of her life.


I can't contain the love I feel for William, I want to look at him all day long (hence why I get no housework done!) I knew I would love the boy, but I didn't realise how much. The bond was instant of course, but it took a few weeks for me to get to know him, and him me, before I looked into his eyes and felt like I had known him all  my life. "So you were the one in there all along" I said when he had a glimmer of recognition on his face when he saw me. 


Life is different now I am a parent. I'm a wise old owl who's lived a little and experienced a lot, things move me (yes I am a soppy old twit) but now I see things through the eyes of  a parent and life is different. What used to matter to me no longer does. 


I had a wonderful time getting my friend Hannah ready for her wedding yesterday morning, surrounded by her bridesmaids with her hairdresser making her hair look fab I clocked the way her Mum was looking at her, and I knew what she was feeling. It very nearly choked me up, I knew that on my own wedding day that if Mum were still alive she would have been looking at me the very same way. But it didn't make me feel sad or want to cry tears of sorrow, I had to fight back the tears because it was just beautiful the way she looked at Hannah. 


This is partly why I love to do Bridal make up, bearing witness to all the love and togetherness that Weddings bring - everything is warm and rose tinted. 


William was 14 weeks old yesterday and a huge hit at the wedding! He flirted with all the ladies and blew raspberries at all the men, he slept through until 8am (lay in!) and was just bloody brilliant. I will have more babies like him please! Although not just yet, I want him all to ourselves for a little longer before any more Baby O's come along and my heart grows even bigger with love. God how am I going to handle all this baby love?  It already feels like it's going to go POP with love and pride. 





Comments

alittlewife said…
Motherhood suits you Jen, it really does. Your Mum would be proud of the mum you are xxx

Popular Posts