Am I weird?

So through my blog, which I have been writing for over 4 years now, I have met some wonderful friends online, fellow bloggers and followers, there really is a lovely support network, yet whenever people ask if I have been to many baby groups or met many new mummies I receive funny looks when I tell them I am an active member of an online birth community....... am I weird for preferring to be at home and online than making crappy small talk with people whom I have nothing in common with (apart from the fact I squeezed a massive baby out of my ladybits?)


If it wasn't for the internet I doubt I would have met Mr O. A small romantic part of me believes that our paths have crossed before and perhaps we would have ended up together, but nevertheless, being online had a huge part to play in our love story. 


I've met some really lovely and like minded women online, the girls at Rockmywedding for example, meeting them online lead to guest blogging for their website for a year. One of the most fantastic opportunities and it lead to me deciding to jack my office job in and focus on being a Make Up Artist. 


I've met some really lovely and like minded mummies online too, in our secret Facebook club (not so secret anymore! It's private, like my own FB page so no one can view it apart from invited members). Sarah for example. She shares the same birthday as me, and her son was born the same day as William! We both share the love of travel and wicked sense of humours. Ok so she lives in Europe at the moment so we are 'penpals'**for the time being but who knows if our paths may cross in the future...


So for those of you who aren't familiar with this whole online community, the internet isn't all bad, if you use it carefully it can lead to exciting opportunities and a wealth of support, so that can't be bad, can it?


**remember the olden days before email addresses when we used to actually write proper letters to each other? aaah the good old days. I might pen a letter to a friend and 's.w.a.l.k' it on the back haha

Comments

alittlewife said…
You aren't weird - I use a trying to conceive/pregnancy/parenting forum and love it....the internet isn't the weird, scary place it once was xxx
Esme said…
Not at all weird. I got into the blog world through RMW (and hence how I found your blog, Jenny!) and am frequently overwhelmed by the huge number of lovely people I've 'met'. Once I'm married, I'll need to find more 'life' blogs and fewer wedding blogs. Although letting go will be hard... xx

Popular Posts