Time.

Where does the time go?

I am now used to blogging one handed, in fact I can do most things one handed now - one of the first things you learn as a mother!

The time whizzes by so quick I can barely get myself dressed before realising it's almost dinner time, when I realise I haven't even had breakfast yet!

You just don't get time to do much, until you have established a routine, but William is still too little for that he is very much fed on demand and calling the shots for the time being. I struggle to keep the place tidy for visitors, and we are renting the flat out so have to show round potential renters, which with a screaming baby who won't allow you to put him down isn't an easy task, esp when you still need to throw some clothes on and wash, sterilise, and prepare bottles to feed him so he stops screaming!

They do warn you that after you have a baby even the smallest and simplest of tasks may seem insurmountable at times, and they're not wrong! With the hormones and the fact your life has changed so dramatically you really need to be patient with yourself, don't worry if you can't get dressed until 5pm. Don't worry if visitors turn up and you are in the middle of sorting our your laundry or dinner just give them the baby and do whatever it is you need to do! Only mothers can relate to how difficult it is being at home with a new baby, i think most men think we've got it easy - how little they know! There's no way a man could carry a baby for 40 weeks, go through the pain of labour and then bleed for 3 weeks afterwards and cope anywhere near as well as women do. And that's why men don't have babies!

Now I'd better go I have a very awake and aware baby who i want to play with!

Comments

Popular Posts