Daddy.

It's strange, getting as far as 39 weeks pregnant and feeling so immensely grateful for the fact that we've managed to get this far safely and soundly. Baby is fully cooked and ready to to be born into a loving, secure and stable family. 


It makes you think about your role as a parent, not just to a little baby but you think long term to when that baby is a child and a teenager, and you think about how you can be the best role model possible.


Luckily Mr O and I both sing from the same hymn sheet with regards to parenting. Whenever we speak about the future I ignite a passion within him, about his hopes and dreams for his child and his plans for the sort of parent he wants to become. 


I know our baby will have a different upbringing to the one I had. That isn't to say I had a bad upbringing - I never went without and although my Father never loved me and walked away, my Mum more than made up for that fact by loving me enough for two people! 


What I mean is our baby will grow up with an abundance of love and opportunity. Mr O will always tell our little one how much he loves him/her and it's in his nature to be affectionate. 


Our little one won't have to grow up having been rejected by one of it's parents like I did. Our little one is going to be surrounded by people who will always be there and this makes me feel really proud of myself and thankful that I am able to give our little one such a loving, stable, and secure environment. I've come such a long way. My Mum made me who I am and I don't doubt for a moment that she would feel proud as punch, and I hope she would feel really good about herself too.

Comments

Gemma said…
Hiya Hun,

You should be proud and I am pretty sure your Mum is over the moon for you!

Another beautiful entry BTW, isn't it nice to think that one day you'll have this blog to show baby O, from What Jenny did to what Baby O did...to mummies belly!!

Hope your well and I bet the excitment you & Mr O are feeling right now is beyond words!

x
Jen Loves Joy said…
Thanks Gemma love, how are you getting on now?? x

Popular Posts