Brother.

Today is my due date. Baby O is still very much hanging in there!


I have been switching my mobile phone off the last few weekends, because I like the peace and liberation not having it on brings. Plus it means I get to spend the whole weekend just me and Mr O, which is something to make the most of considering our Little one will soon be here to join us. It's also nice just using the landline, you know, like we did in the early 90's. Retro old school behaviour! My therapist (yes I seek professional help) suggested it would be a good thing for me to do, what with feeling a bit emotional about certain aspects of my life, so I can focus on doing positive things with my time and really focus on myself these last few weeks before our baby arrives. 


I switched it on today for the first time since Thursday evening - bombarded with texts and emails of course from well wishers wondering if I was having the baby (I wish I was having the baby!) and my big bro called me, which is rare because we're not big on speaking on the phone in my family - we speak on the phone to arrange something necessary, like getting a date in the diary for a visit, generally we text or email. It was nice that he was checking up on me and I can tell he is excited about becoming an Uncle again! I've blogged about him before, whilst writing for Rock My Wedding actually because he wrote an amazing speech for my wedding, taking on the role of father of the bride. 


On the rare occasion that I do spend time with my brother and sister, I am instantly comfortable and reminded  of who I am. I live in my husbands neck of the woods, and have adapted and settled here now but there's nothing quite like your own family to make you feel instantly calmed and contented when you feel as though certain things are getting a bit too much. I can just be me with my family and they are them, and we are us. It's lovely and we have such a laugh together. I don't have to explain myself, or defend myself to them because they just let me be who I want to be and respect me, and my decisions. Mum was always the glue that held us together, it's only taken 3 years for me to realise that we can hold ourselves together if we try hard enough.



I feel so lucky to have them both. And their beautiful children. Without them I would feel lost at times. I swear apart from my husband, there is no one who understands you like your own family. 





Comments

Popular Posts