Monday Rantage





I have been having a think about what to say in my bridal speech. It's gonna be short but sweet, and I want to say something about my Mum.


Planning this wedding without her to lean on for moral and emotional support has been very testing at times. I have really enjoyed planning though, and writing for rockmywedding has opened so many doors for me. Being one of those brides who bolted for the door at the very mention of 'table confetti' and 'Rolls Royces' I am pleased to have stuck to my guns and done it our way despite the pressure applied by other family members.


I continually remind myself that it is our wedding. It is our day. Do whatever makes us happy. Don't sweat the small details. Don't bother worrying about what anyone else will think (this is a rule I stick to religiously! I really couldn't give a tiny rats ass about what anyone thinks!) What matters is that there is love and laughter. Everything else just falls into place.


My Mum would have drilled this into me throughout the ups and downs of planning. She wouldn't have put any pressure on me whatsoever and she would have enjoyed hearing about all my creative ideas and plans. She would have been over the moon when I wanted to have a gospel choir, still a little miffed that I can't have one but the String Quartet should make up for that (although I hear even they can be annoying and 'go on a bit' hmmm grrrrrrrrr how I love when people diss my wedding ideas, can't opinions be kept quiet for god sake?) So I have to remember to be true to myself, and focus on what matters. I could stress myself out with the smaller details but I don't need to, everything is under control and I have planned the most amazing wedding. Me and Mr O are going to have the most wonderful day, and how lovely that we can treat our guests and spoil them for a day.

Comments

Unknown said…
Keep reminding yourself of all that you say here it's so true. Don't let other people put pressure you, after all everyone always has an opinion on something!

Popular Posts