Make me look like Marilyn...

We've just returned from a friends wedding in Las Vegas, (and no, there wasn't an Elvis impersonator in sight!) It was a classy and well planned day.  The bride and groom chose The Wynn for their venue, a rather new and lavish hotel on the strip, and an evening ceremony. Imagine tons of hydrangea, orchids, roses and candlelight at sunset… the setting was so romantic and the light was beautiful. I'm not sure how many destination brides read RMW but if there are any of you heading to Vegas…you're going to have a very memorable day! And the hen night, well it'd be rude not to have one out there – we did for our Vegas Bride and lets just say it was a night that shall not be forgotten. We partied like 21 year olds and were received rather well by clubs and bars (especially as we were dressed as Playboy Bunnies). I have a rather fond drunken memory of trying to explain to a Canadian glamour model what a 'minge' is. It's an education knowing me sometimes.


I'm now on countdown to another very exciting day, no not our wedding day, although I am excited about that too! This I had intended to be a surprise for Mr O for the morning of the Wedding, but after he saw my Hen night invitations of Vargas Pin Up Girls he announced he was going to get a tattoo of a pin up version of me on his arm I couldn't keep my secret to myself, I wussed out and told him what I had planned….

Next Tuesday I have an appointment with the lovely Julia Boggio for my vintage pin up shoot **so excited I might pee**

I booked it last year with the hopes of losing about ten pounds, (puh who was I kidding. Still I remain feeling like a heffa). And the camera adds ten pounds, which is why I am hoping that with Julia’s amazing photography skills, and a nice bit of corseting, I will have some rather nice images to take home! The whole experience is more exciting for me than the result, as nerve wracking as it is to post in front of the camera I am looking forward to having my hair and make up done (you know how I love make up!), and seeing her studio and of course meeting Julia herself, who as a business woman is going from strength to strength. Her own Wedding led to doors of opportunity opening, dancing with the late great Patrick Swayze being one huge door of opportunity (excuse me whilst I turn a deep shade of green). So although I am giving the photo's as a gift to my Husband to Be as a reminder/memento of how hot his woman can look, it's as much for me too because I love make up, I love photography and I love meeting talented people who have really taken that leap of faith and just gone for what they are good at. So many of us get too comfortable in life and get stuck in a career rut, it takes bravery and a good support system to really go for it. Oh, and I also can't wait to look like a Vargas girl and knock Mr O bandy with my pictures!



Wedding wise, we've just had our 'marriage meeting' with our Vicar, which was about three hours long but we got afternoon tea and sandwiches so mustn't grumble! It was rather an eye opener, to summarise; the church tell you not to enter into marriage lightly, to really consider the legal and emotional commitment you are making to one another, they advise women to learn to love their men for all their bad habits, and they advise men that women are mental when they are pregnant and to just roll with it. That was about it really! I enjoyed myself, our Vicar is lovely and we decided on readings, hymns, and music. Our church is so beautiful, with a lovely long aisle and lots of daylight flooding through the windows. We have confirmed our rehearsal and I have plenty of time to think about how to walk up that aisle! Do most people do 'step together, step together' or do they just amble up it looking angelic and foxy? Of all things to consider I think how I walk is the least of my worries but any advice is welcome!

Comments

Popular Posts