Must have make up base...



Product of the week award goes to….

Oh god bless the beauty product! I have been working very hard lately and so as a little treat to myself (and my make up kit) I have been trying and testing primers and foundations.

I am lucky to have a queue of Brides To Be to use these products on and I have received rave reviews, so thought it only fair I share.

I have just discovered Mac face and body foundation. It’s been highly recommended to me by other make up artists and I will certainly be spreading the word. It’s like magic, in a bottle.





It’s a sheer formula so if you are blessed with great skin only one layer will suffice, alternatively you can build up layers for a fuller coverage – and guess what? It doesn’t look cakey! So you can pose for your outdoor wedding photo’s without living in fear of the dreaded ‘close up’! It’s formula means you get the coverage without looking like a tranny.

Apply with your fingers as it works well with the heat – and it blends easy too.

For those of you pale skinned beauties who aren’t a fan of the fake tan, fear not! You can use this product all over your body. I am naturally quite pale, but I’m not blessed with the creamy complexion I lust after (think Dita Von Teese) – I’m actually so pale my skin is near on see through, and veiny, and has tendancies towards looking blue. (I’m painting a beautiful picture of myself aren’t I?) However when I use this product (and I use it everywhere, legs, arms, décolletage) it gives my skin a more natural depth of colour, and in turn fills me with confidence.

You could even use a deeper darker colour for a more bronzed summertime look, and it still works it’s magic. 






For use on your face, apply a drop of Smashbox Primer to your skin underneath your foundation and unless you land face down in your wedding cake you won’t have to touch up your face all day. It’s got the staying power of a Duracell Bunny.




 A massive thank you to Melissa at RMW for giving me a heads up on the face and body foundation, I have officially been converted!




Comments

Popular Posts